The Ottawa event has been added to a series of RBC Race for the Kids events taking place in 14 cities in seven countries in 2018.
RBC Race for the Kids began in 2008 with the first event in New York City. Created as a platform to encourage employee engagement through corporate social responsibility, the money raised for each RBC Race for the Kids event is contributed to charities all over the world that support children and youth.
Check out some impressive global race stats:
- In 2017 the RBC Race for the Kids will take place in 14 cities in seven countries.
- $27.9 million is the total raised to date for charities since inception
- $8.5 million is the total raised in 2016
- 124,760 – that’s the total race participants since inception
- 43,300 – that’s how many Team RBC employees participated since inception